The mission of the partnership between the Stem for Life Foundation and the Pontifical Council for Culture is:
To foster the highest levels of scientific research on Adult Stem Cells and to explore the cultural, ethical and human implications of their use.
This will be achieved through a series of international initiatives being developed by the non-profit Stem For Life Foundation in collaboration with STOQ International, under the auspices of the Vatican’s Pontifical Council for Culture.
Furthermore, we seek to:
- Create awareness about the promise of scientific research in concordance with ethical values through the further development adult stem cell technology.
- Determine short-term and long-term actions which political, scientific, educational, and religious leaders can take to be part of the cultural paradigm shift arising from the next wave – regenerative medicine.
- Lay the groundwork for a collaborative network of scientists and patrons who embrace the promise of adult stem cells to reduce human suffering.
- Advance scientific research on adult stem cells and explore their clinical application in the field of regenerative medicine, as well as the cultural impact of such research.
- Advance adult stem cell research and facilitate its safe transformatin from the lab to the clinic.